Collecting Online Reviews for Your Business
Nearly all active agents understand technology’s importance in today’s real estate industry. But did you know that real estate agents without a review-focused online presence are finding themselves struggling to keep up?
Why is this?
Purchasing a home is likely the largest purchase most people will make in a lifetime. Buyers and sellers are doing their research – 92% of buyers will Google you during the home search process. They will want to find out as much as they can about you before deciding whether or not they would like to work with you.
So, why not make it easy for them? Online reviews are a great way to gain the trust of potential clients.
Five benefits of collecting online reviews:
- Positive reviews are like free advertising for your business. They will help to bring in new clients through online mediums.
- Connect with clients on a personal level through reviews. Great reviews can carry as much weight as a word-of-mouth referral.
- Online reviews will help you to establish trust with potential clients who search for you online.
- Online reviews provide a boost in SEO. Consequently, this makes it easier more potential clients to find you online.
- Are you worried about receiving negative reviews? Don’t be! They will help you improve your business in the future.
Best practices for obtaining online reviews:
While you understand the benefits of collecting reviews, the part you may be having trouble with is actually obtaining reviews from past clients. Whether it be the fear of receiving a negative review, simply forgetting, or not wanting to bother clients, actually obtaining a review is much easier said than done. The best way to consistently get reviews from your clients is to create a system and build that process into your normal business routine.
When a client leaves you a review, always take the time to reply. Publically responding to reviews (positive or negative) shows potential future clients that you’re an active agent who cares about their brand and reputation.
The following are websites we recommend for you to refer your clients to when they’re interested in writing an online review (in order of website domain authority).
As a realtor, your reputation is everything. A switch to RE/MAX can open doors for you as an agent or as a brokerage. Set up a meeting with one of our managing brokers today to learn more. We have offices across Greater Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.