RE/MAX 2018 Housing Market Outlook Report | Canada
“Canadian home prices are expected to increase by 2.5% in 2018.”
The RE/MAX 2018 Housing Market Outlook Report for Canada has been released.
In the 2018 report, find detailed data and projections for nine Western Canadian markets, including:
- Victoria, BC
- Greater Vancouver, BC
- Fraser Valley, BC
- Kelowna, BC
- Calgary, AB
- Edmonton, AB
- Saskatoon, SK
- Regina, SK
- Winnipeg, MB
Here are some of the findings in the 2018 Housing Market Outlook Report:
- 2017 saw the single-family detached home and condo markets diverge on distinctly different paths in Canada’s two highest-priced real estate markets: the Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto Area.
- Oil prices continue to stabilize in the market. As a result, both Calgary and Edmonton have experienced modest average residential sale price increases in 2018.
- The new OSFI mortgage qualification rules came into effect on January 1, 2018. It impacted the housing market activity toward the end of 2017 and is expected to slow activity in real estate markets across Canada in the first part of 2018.
- Canadian’s continue to look for a balance between affordability and amenities outside of major urban cities.
Do you want to join RE/MAX in 2018?
Here at RE/MAX, we are always looking for the best real estate agents to join our team. Be Your Career represents RE/MAX offices throughout Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. We are looking for high-energy, goal-oriented, charismatic sales leaders to join our productive teams.
Skills & Experience
- Strong closer with great judgment
- Significant sales experience
- Great oral and written communication skills
Compensation & Perks
- High commission package
- Take vacation whenever you want
- Work alongside an awesome team
- You’ll be collaborating with a fantastic group of smart, driven, principled, good-spirited people
If you’ve been wanting more out of your current real estate brokerage, then schedule an informal interview with a managing broker in your area. Start 2018 off right, with RE/MAX!